This is a classic recipe and one of my personal favorites. It’s quick and easy to make and goes with all kinds of stuff. My kids enjoy it with raw carrots, tomatoes, sliced cucumber, broccoli, jicama, snap peas, you name it. It’s also great with sprouted grain bread.
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (optional)
How to Make It :
Place first 7 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping sides as necessary. Spoon hummus into a bowl. Sprinkle with paprika, parsley, and pine nuts, if desired.