Super Summer Kale Salad
This amazing salad is packed full of nutrients and is quick and easy to make. Recreated from a deli salad sold at Harris Teeter. Makes a HUGE bowl, enough to serve a crowd; travels well to a potluck. Cook time includes chilling.
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch organic kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package organic frozen shelled edamame (soybeans), thawed
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2/3 cup fresh organic blueberries
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup shelled, roasted sunflower seeds
Whisk sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
Toss kale, edamame, red onion, carrot, blueberries, dried cranberries, cashew pieces, and sunflower seeds together in a bowl. Pour about half the dressing over the mixture and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours. Serve remaining dressing on side.
*organic ingredients suggested, but not required.