Mango and Black Bean Quinoa Salad
This healthy mango and black bean quinoa salad is full of texture and flavor and is perfect for a simple weeknight meal or side dish.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooked in vegetable or chicken broth, at room temperature or chilled
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Place the cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Add mango, red pepper, green onion, black beans, and cilantro.
In a small bowl combine vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice. Whisk until the dressing is smooth and pour on top of salad. Toss to combine and add salt and pepper (add more to taste if desired).
Chill the salad for at least one hour before serving.
Quinoa: the recipe calls for cooked quinoa. I used about 3/4 cup dry quinoa and cooked it in chicken broth to get the 2 cups cooked (I measured out the two cups cooked and had a bit leftover in the pot).