Lots of people enjoy on the go snacks, and this recipe fits the bill. It’s crunchy and flavorful and has just the right macros to keep you satisfied between meals, or to break a fast in the late morning.
- 2 cups mixed nuts (we used walnuts, pecans & slivered almonds)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespooons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 tablespoon apple pie or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 pinches stevia, or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, toss nuts through stevia. Microwave, or heat stovetop, the oil, almond butter and extract until melted. Stir, then toss into bowl, coating everything well.
Lay onto a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes on a low/medium rack, tossing every 5 minutes. If your granola is browning too fast, use a bottom rack for the final 5 minutes.
Remove from oven when nuts and coconut are golden. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Serve dry for on-the-go snacks, or in a bowl of almond milk.
Net Carbs: 4g