Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Pomegranate and Hazelnuts
Roasting Brussels sprouts brings out their nutty flavor. This recipe from Bobby Flay adds pomegranate seeds, orange zest and toasted hazelnuts to his roasted sprouts for a perfectly festive side dish.
- 1 1/4 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or refined coconut oil
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Put the Brussels sprouts in a medium roasting pan; toss with the grapeseed or coconut oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until light golden brown and a knife inserted into the centers goes in without any resistance, about 45 minutes.
Transfer the sprouts to a large bowl and add the pomegranate molasses, pomegranate seeds, hazelnuts, and lime and orange zests. Season with salt as needed.