This fresh and tasty chicken stir-fry is packed with colorful veggies. Serve with ½ cup cooked brown rice if desired (adds 109 calories).
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, sliced in wedges
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1slice thin fresh ginger, peeled, thinly chopped
- ¾ cup broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp. organic soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. low sodium organic chicken broth, divided use
- 3 cups mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- ½ cup sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- 2½ cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1 lb. pound pasture raised chicken
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onions; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
Add garlic, ginger, chicken, carrots and broccoli; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Add soy sauce, vinegar, and 2 Tbsp. chicken broth; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add mushrooms, bell pepper, water chestnuts, and remaining 2 Tbsp. broth; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add snow peas and chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp and chicken is fully cooked.