- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp dried chives, plus extra for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ounces cream cheese (1/4 cup), softened
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar or grated Parmesan cheese
- Fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- Unsalted grass-fed butter (or ghee), for serving
Pour the broth into a large saucepan. Use enough that you have about 1/2 inch of broth in the pan. Bring the broth to a boil, then add the cauliflower, chives, and garlic and cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid. Steam the cauliflower until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain well. Pat it very dry between several layers of paper towels.
Place the cauliflower in a high-powered blender or food processor. Add the cheeses and puree until very smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a serving dish and garnish with pats of grass-fed butter (or ghee) and chopped chives.
Store extras in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a saucepan over medium heat for a few minutes or until warmed through.
Net Carbs: 5g