Grain-Free Hemp Seed Porridge
This grain-free keto porridge is made with only nuts and seeds and then topped with more nuts. Brazil nuts are my choice for the topping: they provide a day’s worth of thyroid-supporting selenium in each hearty bowl. With more than 24 grams of fiber in every serving, this porridge is a hearty meal that’s gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, low-carb, and Paleo. The coarser texture of almond meal works best for this recipe, though fine-textured blanced almond flour can also be used. Raw nuts are fine, but for health reasons, it’s better to soak and roast them before using them in this recipe.
- 2 cup nondairy milk
- 1 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 4 tablespoons roughly ground flax seeds
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon confectioners' style erythritol, or granulated xylitol, or 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond meal or blanched almond flour (see note above)
- 8 raw Brazil nuts or small handful of nuts of choice, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds
- Fresh berries (optional)
- Additional nondairy milk, for serving (optional)
Put all the ingredients for the porridge, except the almond meal, in a small saucepan. Sit to combine, then bring to a gentle boil over medium heat.
Once bubbling lightly, stir, then cover and soak for 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat, stir in the almond meal, and divide between 4 serving bowls. Divide the toppings evenly between the bowls and eat immediately with a splash of nondairy milk, if desired.
Dietary Fiber” 12/5g
Net Carbs: 2.7g