Make your own coconut butter from home and skip the hefty store-bought price tags. Add flavor additions, if you like.
- 4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- Pinch stevia (optional)
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
In a large, high powered blender, add the coconut and MCT oil (plus any sweetener, salt or flavor additions).
Blend on low for 1 minute, scraping sides as needed. When the coconut has turned into a thick liquid, bring the blender speed up to medium/high for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth.
Pour into a glass jar. Coconut butter will become hard in cold temperatures, so store in a cabinet. To soften, place the jar in hot water and stir.
Recipe Tip: Medium shredded coconut works best and a high powdered blender is a must!
Net Carbs: 2.5g
- Vanilla Bean (add ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder)
- Chocolate (add 2 teaspoons dark cacao powder)
- Coffee (add 1-2 teaspoons instant coffee powder)
- Cinnamon (add ½ teaspoon cinnamon)
- Combo (add any of the additions above)